Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Try To Follow This Book Donation!

    A woman called Barbara a few days ago, and said she had some books from her grandmother to donate to us. This kind of event is not too rare for us, so we said some ahead down.
    The granddaughter turned out to be a young mother with a toddler and a baby in a stroller. We carried in the two boxes she brought, which were about 20+ really new genealogy books, like the 2016 DNA volume below.
    There was an address sticker in this book that said "Wadeanne Nardo, Weirton, WV." This was her grandmother, and I told her I was born and raised a few miles downriver in Wheeling, WV. Weirton is in Hancock County and I told her my parents were married in Hancock County. I said I graduated from Triadelphia HS, in Wheeling, and she said she attended summer camp in Triadelphia. Now, how is that for a small world!
    [One more item: Wadeanne Campbell Nardo of Weirton, WV, graduated from Butler University and was married in the chapel there. The granddaughter lives here, so we received these books.] Don'tcha love genealogy!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment